One of the things I didn't really get when I started blogging was that it would lead to having online friends. I was quite happy with the ones I had "in real life", and didn't even stop to think about the possibility of anything else. But, somewhere along the way, I found that online friends are one of the perks of blogging. They can cheer you up with a kind comment, or send a link your way, or just pop in to ask how you're doing- for no reason at all.
I know, this is suppose to be a "thank you", according to the title- but instead it's going to turn into a "can you be so kind and do me a favor" post. You see, one of the online friends I have was kind enough to nominate me for a award. Now, under normal circumstances, I'd be all honored and then I'd ask you to go vote for me. But, I find myself in a strange situation- you see, although he nominated me... he's really way more deserving of the award than I could ever be.
I have a depressing place here, and quite honestly- as much as I am compelled to write these stories- I hate knowing that they are out there at all. So, when I get a kind word, or just a "how's it going"- it cheers me up, and reminds me that there are GOOD people out there. Butch is often the bearer of these little pick me ups. And so, despite the fact that he nominated me as some sort of Halo Blogger, who's suppose to be kind and go above and beyond to help others out.... I have to insist that HE is much more deserving. He just doesn't know how many times his kind words have gotten me through writing that last paragraph in a difficult post.
So please, take a moment to head over to Faultline and vote for Butch (123Beta) for the Halo award.
Other Bloggers Talking Halo:
Right Truth
Faultline
Trackbacked at 123Beta's open weekend trackback party.
Categories: internet, bloggers,
I know, this is suppose to be a "thank you", according to the title- but instead it's going to turn into a "can you be so kind and do me a favor" post. You see, one of the online friends I have was kind enough to nominate me for a award. Now, under normal circumstances, I'd be all honored and then I'd ask you to go vote for me. But, I find myself in a strange situation- you see, although he nominated me... he's really way more deserving of the award than I could ever be.
I have a depressing place here, and quite honestly- as much as I am compelled to write these stories- I hate knowing that they are out there at all. So, when I get a kind word, or just a "how's it going"- it cheers me up, and reminds me that there are GOOD people out there. Butch is often the bearer of these little pick me ups. And so, despite the fact that he nominated me as some sort of Halo Blogger, who's suppose to be kind and go above and beyond to help others out.... I have to insist that HE is much more deserving. He just doesn't know how many times his kind words have gotten me through writing that last paragraph in a difficult post.
So please, take a moment to head over to Faultline and vote for Butch (123Beta) for the Halo award.
Other Bloggers Talking Halo:
Right Truth
Faultline
Trackbacked at 123Beta's open weekend trackback party.
Categories: internet, bloggers,
Comments